These Sermons deal with the “Christian Race of Life”.
Click on the number at the end of the Title, it is a link to the Sermon in the MP3 Format.
47. The Christian Race – Part 1.47
48. The Christian Race – Part 2.48
49. The Christian Race – Part 3.49
461. Running the Christian Race.461
462. Keep Pressing Forward.462
479. The Christian Way of Life.479
771. How have you ran the Spiritual Race.771
Also, this Sermon #771 has to deal with a subject about the “Sin of Life.”
Don’t let what surrounds You – Hinder Your “Christian Race.”
Hebrews 12:1-2. Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us, Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.
Greek word definitions:
1. Lay aside every weight: to put off or aside; to put off from oneself, whatever is prominent, protuberance, bulk, mass, hence, a burden, weight, and encumbrance.
2. Easily beset: well-planted all-around, describing what is encompassing (encircling), i.e. surrounding, “wholly around”; a serious hindrance that “encircles” (hampers) someone who desperately needs to advance. Easily surrounding, encircling and easily distracted. Well standing around, i.e. (a competitor) thwarting (a racer) in every direction.
The Greek word also includes the definition of: A tumor.
Neoplasm (from Ancient Greek: νεο- neo- “new” and πλάσμα plasma “formation, creation”), is an abnormal growth of tissue, and when also forming a mass is commonly referred to as a tumor.
Don’t let the “things and people of life” keep you from running forward in the Christian Race.